Quickbooks International Edition Conversion
Did you start using the wrong international version of Quickbooks and now need to swtich to another edition? We can convert your data file from one international version to another. For example, you can convert from QB Canada to QB US, QB UK to US, or vice versa. We can also convert from the US to the UK version of Quickbooks for VAT filing requirements.
What are the limitations of this service?
- Quickbooks does not allow payroll transactions to be transferred from one file to another. We will transfer payroll checks as regular checks with full line item details
- Username are not transferred from the secondary files to the primary file. You will need to re-create users after the merge/conversion.
- Budget data cannot be transferred.
- Bank Reconciliations are not converted.
- Data files with negative inventory and/or assembly builds may not convert correctly since Quickbooks does not calculate P&L COGS amounts and B/S inventory amounts correctly with files with negative inventory.
- Transfers must be converted to journal entries in files that have multi-currency.
- Data files with sales tax items and sales tax groups that were modified after their initial use may not be transferred correctly since Quickbooks does not store historical rate changes.
- Fields not available in the international version of the Quickbooks data file you are converting to are not converted.
- Data files with group items that were modified after their initial use may not be transferred correctly since Quickbooks does not store historical group modification data.
- Templates cannot be transferred as Quickbooks does not support the transfer of templates.
- Attachments are not transferred because Quickbooks does not support the transfer of attachments.
- Customer Notes and To-Do lists are NOT transferred.
- Memorized Transaction definitions are not transferred, and will need to be memorized again.
- Memorized Reports are not transferred, and will need to be memorized again.
- Budgets/Forecasts are not transferred, and will need to be entered again.
- Users are not transferred and will need to be entered again.
- Advanced inventory features are not fully supported by the SDK or a conversion from one international edition to another.
- Sales tax is different from VAT and you will likely need to make adjusting entries to get the sales tax or VAT reports the way you want them.
- The US version has one sales tax account and other international editions allow or even force multiple VAT accounts to be used so there will be differences there as well.
- The exchange gain/loss will be different in the converted file due to limitations of the Quickbooks SDK. The US, UK and Canadian versions handle gain/loss differently than each other. There will always be gain/loss differences when multi-currency is involved. Retained earnings will be different in the converted file due to exchange gain/loss differences.
How does it work?
To proceed with this service, fill out the form at the bottom of the page to send us a backup of your Quickbooks data file. We will send you a no-obligation quote after analyzing the source file as well as give you the turnround time. You can then schedule the service at your convenience. Weekend service can be requested.