QBWIN.LOG -- The Quickbooks Log File
The QBWin.log file contains QuickBooks information about the Quickbooks Verify Data, Quickbooks Rebuild Data, and Quickbooks Condense Data errors and messages.
How to find the QBWin.log file on your computer
- In Windows, the Quickbooks log file is named Qbwin.log
- In Mac, the Quickbooks log file is named QuickBooks.log
- In QuickBooks, press the F2 key (Or Ctrl + 1) to open the Product Information window.
- In the Quickbooks Product Information window, press the F3 key (Or Ctrl + 2) to open the Tech Help window.
- Select the Open File tab.
- Double-click the line QBWIN.LOG.
To open the quickbooks.log in Mac OSX 10.7 or later:
- In the Finder window, Click Go >Go to Folder.
- Enter "~/Library"
- Open the Logs > Quickbooks folder.
- Double click the QuickBooks.log file.